There has never been a more appropriate time than now, to investigate how we compare in Bucks against national food waste statistics!
Buckinghamshire Council are currently amidst a couple of interesting campaigns to support residents to reduce their food waste. These are:
- Bucks Food Waste Survey– residents online survey of household behaviors regarding food waste.
- ‘Kitche’ App– to help identify where we may make better use of our food purchases to insure items aren’t wasted and to try a recipe featured in their catalogue.
- Bin Audit– Are we using the food caddy service or are resident still throwing away food waste that could be prevented, composted or place in a food caddy? The Waste Management will be surveying bins across the county to identify where the need lies.
The survey closes on the 29th May and aims to collect:
- Knowledge and behaviour around ‘use by’ and ‘best before’ dates
- Lifestyle changes that challenge good food routines
- Food waste reduction types
- Food waste apps
- Disposing of food waste
Entries will be put into a prize draw to win £250!
For more information click here